Friday, April 6, 2012

sandwiches and spirituality

I was to believe that Jesus cares more that I don't waste food than eat meat on Good Friday.

At the beginning of the week I had a pound of ground beef, so I made it into some meatballs and hamburgers. It made 3 servings of meatballs and 1 hamburger. Well, I've had the meatballs twice, and then had free dinner at school last night. Considering that the burger has been in there since Monday night, I figured I needed to eat it today. I'll make no pretense, it was delicious. I didn't have Non-italian bread crumbs when I made it so I crushed up some pretzel chips and used that instead and also added dijon and garlic. It came out surprisingly well!- Today I slapped that baby between a whole wheat bagel thin with provolone, mustard and some greens. Happy lunch in my belly.

I'm going to a seder tonight and helping to do the cooking this afternoon. The Jews might not agree with my cheeseburger, the Catholics won't agree with my brisket tonight.

Maybe I need to be Agnostic. Or a Unitarian. Some religion with less rules regarding deliciousness.

4 comments:

  1. I like to think that delicious food and drink are great evidence of God. The bible tells us that Jesus himself loved some cabernet. I highly doubt he cares what meat we do or don't eat as long as we appreciate our food and treat our animals/crops/plants with respect. Tis the circle of life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS. That cheeseburger recipe sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now you have the Lion King playing in my head. The CIIIIIRCLE OF LIIIIIFEEEEE.

    I think I added a splash of milk to the meat too to make it hold together. There I go again, being un-kosher. Salt and pepper to your heart's content as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Some religion with less rules regarding deliciousness." sign me up, too! :)

    ReplyDelete