Sunday, November 6, 2011

people and community

I like meeting new people and connecting with them. Even if it's convincing the middle age woman at the mall that she needs those leopard pumps for her holiday parties. I liked meeting one of my friend's parents this weekend-- she and her mom have the same laugh--amazing. I enjoy hanging out with someone you know a little, and after one night you feel like you know them so much more. Those nights are pretty cool, especially when I think about how I used to coexist in an office environment everyday with so many people I knew on a superficial level.


I guess what I am trying to say is that for an extrovert like me, this little southern town fits. People want to know each other. Barriers aren't quiet as defined as they were in the big city. It's refreshing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment