Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011 wrap up

2011 was a hell of a year. I suppose things are supposed to change frequently in your 20s, but I think this year certainly saw a bit more change than usual. 


Here are some of the highlights:


DC
Started 2011 with weekend at a bed and breakfast with past boyfriend
Interviewed at UNC- Chapel Hill for graduate school
Was accepted to 6/7 schools I applied to
Threw a big brunch for some girl friends 
Vacationed for a week in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
Hot tubbed on the roof of a friend's apt overlooking the Capitol
Newseum
Two trips to NYC
Decided to attend UNC- Chapel Hill for my MPH. Go Heels! 
Turned 26 
Watched the Royal Wedding 
Dad was in the hospital
Sailed on the Potomac River 
Volunteered at the Arlington Free Clinic
Family vacation to the Jersey Shore 
Heart broken for the first time 
Left my job of 3 years 
Moved away from DC 


NC
Moved into my own apartment in North Carolina
Started graduate school 
Threw my sister's bridal shower and bachelorette party
Sister got married 
Went to first UNC football and basketball games 
Threw my first tailgate
Started volunteering at a clinic in North Carolina
Went to Virginia Tech for a football game with some friends 
Made awesome new friends
Decided to go to the Dominican Republic as a medical interpreter 
Saw 2 plays 
Some dating
Went on a Santa themed pub crawl 
Finished my first semester, had Christmas at home and caught up with friends 


Some things are bigger than others on that list, but overall those were the major events that came to mind. With the way that last year turned out, I don't think I can possibly guess what next year is going to look like, but I have hope. And faith. Hope for the future, for possibility and chances. Faith in myself, in my friends, and the idea that everything will somehow be all right. Actually, even better than all right-- AMAZING.


Happy New Year!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment