Friday, October 7, 2011

eat, pray, love

I have a tendency of reading Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert any time I am going through a major change in my life. I read it for the first time when I moved to Spain when I was 22-years old. Now that I am going through another transition it feels appropriate to pick it up again. I always feel comforted by her words. Because as human beings, I think what we really want is not to feel alone in this world. What better feeling than to sit with someone and think "you get me"? 


Here are some of my favorite Eat, Pray, Love quotes: 



This was my moment to look for the kind of healing and peace that can only come from solitude.


It's for the best. I know it is. I'm choosing happiness over suffering, I know I am. I'm making space for the unknown future to fill up my life with yet to come surprises. 


You've got some serious control issues...You're a powerful woman and you're used to getting what you want out of life and you didn't get what you wanted in your last few relationships and its got you all jammed up. Your husband didn't behave the way you wanted and David didn't either. Life didn't go your way for once. And nothing pisses off a control freak more than life not goin' her way.


Do you think any of us know what were doing? Do you think there's any ways humans can love each other without complication?...It's still two human beings trying to get along so its going to become complicated. And love is always complicated. But still humans must try to love each other, darling. We must get our hearts broken sometimes. This is a good sign, having a broken heart. It means we tried for something.

No comments:

Post a Comment