Over the weekend I made this tostada recipe twice that I came up with and was overjoyed each time, so I figured I should share it with you. I am not one to cook really with measurements, but perhaps you can follow?
Ingredients: (this is cooking for one, but you could replicate it however many times you need.)
2 whole wheat tortillas
Shredded cheddar cheese
Trader Joes Roasted Tomato salsa (Or Salsa verde)
Refried black beans
Sliced avocado or guacamole
Sautéed peppers and onions
1. Heat oven to 450 degrees F
2. On a cookie sheet place one tortilla. Sprinkle shredded cheese on tortilla and top it with second tortilla.
3. Spread refried black beans on top of the second tortilla. Place tray into the oven for about 5 minutes until cheese is melty between and beans are hot.
4. While the tortilla is heating in a frying pan sauté diced peppers and onions in a bit of olive oil.
5. Take tortillas out of the oven and top with peppers and onions, salsa, and avocado or guacamole. Slice in quarters. Bon appetite!
The whole process takes about 10-15 minutes. It is a quick and delicious dinner!